Sira (Kannada: ಶಿರಾ) is a town and taluk headquarters of Sira Taluk of Tumkur district in the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the National Highway NH-4 (Mumbai – Chennai). The previous name of the town was Siriya. Sira is well connected to all nearby district headquarters. Nearby airport is Bangalore International Airport, Devanahalli (130KM).
- Sira is a barren area, Average Rainfall for Sira. Groundnut and coconut is the main crop. Agriculture is based on rainfall only, no dams no big lakes.
- the hole Tumkur district barren area.
- 40% is the educated in total population.
- 72% of people in below poverty level.
- no any tourist places, no industrial area.
BELOW IS THE MAP OF THE OUR PROJECT TAKES PLACE.
Sonia Gandhi Arrives to barren area Tumkur: